Terms and Conditions
Zero Waste Beauty Australia reserves the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. We encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions whenever you purchase products from Zero Waste Beauty Australia. By using these Sites, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions posted on the Sites at the time of your access.
1. BINDING CONTRACT: These Terms and Conditions form a legally binding contract between you and us. By using our Sites, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age and are fully able and competent to abide and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Everything on or used in connection with our Sites, including but not limited to Zero Waste Beauty Australia’s name and logo, product images and descriptions, Site design, content, and all software belongs to or is licensed to Zero Waste Beauty Australia, and is protected by Australian and international laws. Any other use of the materials on the Sites - including reproduction for purposes other than those permitted above, modification, distribution, republishing, transmission, display or performance - without the prior written permission of Zero Waste Beauty Australia is strictly prohibited. Use of any materials on the Sites in connection with any product or service that is not offered by Zero Waste Beauty Australia in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Zero Waste Beauty Australia, is also prohibited.
3. COLOUR AND TEXTURE INFORMATION: While Zero Waste Beauty Australia has tried to accurately display the colours and textures of products, the colours and textures you will see in your individual product can vary. These variances depend on multiple factors including the nature of raw ingredients (such as unrefined Shea butter, coconut oil, etc), the temperature at which the product is stored, etc.
4. INACCURACY DISCLAIMER: While we make careful efforts to ensure the information provided on the Sites is accurate, we make no warranties about the accuracy and reliability of the information, data or content on the Site. Zero Waste Beauty Australia reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. The content on the Site is provided for informational purposes only. We shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available via the Sites.
5. PROPER USE OF THE SITES: You may not use the Sites in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Sites. You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any services, user accounts, computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means. We may take any legal and technical remedies to prevent the violation of this provision and to enforce these terms.
Certain parts of the Sites may require a password to enter. You agree that you are responsible for all acts or omissions that occur on your account while your password is being used. If you believe someone has used your password or account without your authorisation, you must notify us immediately. We reserve the right to access and disclose any information, including, without limitation, user names of accounts and other information, to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests.
6. USE OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES: The products and services available on the Sites, including any samples Zero Waste Beauty Australia may provide to you, are for personal use only. All material and information presented by Zero Waste Beauty Australia is intended to be used for personal, educational or informational purposes only. The statements and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. All products should be used strictly in accordance with their instructions, precautions and guidelines. You should always check the ingredients for products to avoid potential allergic reactions.
Use of the Sites is not meant to serve as a substitute for professional medical advice: these Sites are solely online stores for speciality beauty products. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the use of any goods, products or information received from the Sites before using or relying on them. Your physician or health care practitioner should address any and all medical questions, concerns and decisions regarding the possible treatment of any medical condition. Zero Waste Beauty Australia does not represent itself as a physician nor is this implied.
You may not sell or resell any of Zero Waste Beauty Australia's products, unless you are a registered Zero Waste Beauty Australia wholesaler.
7. USER CONTENT: Users of our Sites have the opportunity to post certain content on our Sites, such as comments, reviews and questions on Zero Waste Beauty Australia’s Applications. All User Generated Content must be respectful to others. Unlawful, deceptive or misleading, threatening, abusive or obscene content is strictly prohibited. Zero Waste Beauty Australia reserves the right to change, condense or delete any user generated content which violates these guidelines; however we are not responsible for content generated by other users.
8. THIRD PARTY: Zero Waste Beauty Australia may from time to time provide links to other websites or applications (collectively, "Third Party Websites") as a service to those interested in this information. Links to Third Party Websites may also be posted by third parties on Zero Waste Beauty Australia's Applications. Zero Waste Beauty Australia does not monitor, approve or have any control over any content located on Third Party Websites. The inclusion of any links to Third Party Websites does not imply any association or relationship between Zero Waste Beauty Australia and the Third Party Website, and Zero Waste Beauty Australia does not guarantee, endorse or adopt the accuracy or completeness of content on any Third Party Website. You use Third Party Websites at your own risk.
9. COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER: If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Zero Waste Beauty Australia with the following written information in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. 512 et seq.): 1. A physical or electronic signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner; 2. A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; 3. A description of the material that you claim is infringing, and where it is located on the Sites; 4. Your address, telephone number, and email address; 5. A statement by you that you in good faith believe that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and 7. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
10. INDEMNIFICATION: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Zero Waste Beauty Australia from all claims, demands, losses, liabilities, costs, expenses, obligations and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of (a) your violation of any term of these Terms and Conditions; (b) a breach of these Terms and Conditions; (c) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party (including, without limitation, any copyright, property or privacy right); or (d) any claim that any content that you submitted to the Sites caused damage to a third party. This indemnification obligation will survive the termination of these Terms and Conditions and your use of the Sites.
11. ARBITRATION/ NO CLASS ACTION: You agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Sites will be decided by binding arbitration. ARBITRATION MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS. Rights to the prehearing exchange of information and other discovery, as well as appeal rights, may be more limited than were you to sue in court. ANY ARBITRATION SHALL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. It is expressly understood and agreed that you are waiving any right you have to sue on behalf of a class or in a representative capacity for other persons.
12. INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND SHIPPING: We make no representation that materials contained on the Sites or products described or offered on the Sites are appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions outside Australia, or that these Terms and Conditions comply with the laws of any other country. Visitors who use the Sites and reside outside Australia do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. You agree that you will not access the Sites from any territory where its contents are illegal, and that you, and not Zero Waste Beauty Australia, are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
International orders may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by your country’s customs department upon arrival. When ordering from zerowastebeautyaustralia.com, the recipient of the shipment is the importer of record and is responsible for any of these import fees, as well as complying with all laws and regulations of the destination country. Zero Waste Beauty Australia does not collect duties and taxes, and as smart as we are, we cannot predict what your particular charges may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs office for more information.
13. COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS: Zero Waste Beauty Australia welcomes your comments and feedback regarding the Sites, products and services. We care about our customers and will make every effort to get back to you as soon as possible. Unless required by law, Zero Waste Beauty Australia will not use your full name in connection with any such information, materials, suggestions, ideas or comments without your prior written consent.
14. NO WAIVER: The failure of Zero Waste Beauty Australia to insist upon strict adherence to any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such term. Further, it shall not impact Zero Waste Beauty Australia's ability to enforce any other provision in these Terms and Conditions. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim of cause of action arising from or relating to use of the Sites or these Terms and Conditions must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose, or will be forever barred.
15. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions shall not be affected.
Effective: 8 May 2016
Updated: 8 May 2016